Monday, July 26, 2010

The Mysterious Man and The Yellow Silk Skirt


When I just opened my shop in Mid May, a mysterious man barged in my shop. He was about 40+++, no doubt a blue collar, wore a dirty shirt and pants, and only checked out the female dresses. He looked very suspicious to me, to be honest.

He asked me the price of a yellow silk dress, and we exchanged some conversation before he left empty handed. Up until today, he had visited my shop 4 times. Every time he came, he would check out the same yellow silk dress and ask for discount. And I'd tell him again and again, I had a fixed price policy.

Today I learned that he intended to buy it for a girl (not girl friend, he insisted), and she was a Korean now living in the USA. From the way he talked and what he revealed about himself, I had no doubt that he was a blue collar who didn't make much money. But this was a car technician who claimed he liked fashion. And he actually knew Chloe, Jimmy Choo and even Michael Poh!

I still don't know the relationship between him and the girl. But I think he truly had great love for fashion and the girl.

Now, if you were me, what would you do? Will you give him discount, deduct the price to a point that he can afford?

1 comment:

  1. I will
    宝剑赠英雄。我想他的心总是惦记着那袭裙(和某个人)。单是这份执着/惦记,已是难寻。

    ReplyDelete