Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"House Warming Party" of a LOFT of things


It's been 5 days after the Opening cocktail party of a LOFT of things, yet I still haven't sent my thank you note and thank everyone properly. And it seems that I'll be quite busy for the days to come.

So, I want to thank everyone here. Thank you, those who attended the party. I know 8pm on Friday is a wicked hour. Especially the traffic was really jammed that day. But all of you made the effort to come, after a hectic work day. So thank you all who graced the event.

Thank you, those who gave me a pair of helping hand in the parties (especially Muel, Ermesd(the great cocktail is his materpiece!), Char Chyi, Jil, Claude, Eunice, Anthony and of cos, my two angels who flew back from Singapore to help me, Jeanne and Sophia.)

I also want to thank those who sent those beautiful bouquet to my shop during the opening day. Yoyo, Sai Fei, Chong, Lee Khim, Monica, Anthony, Sean Murphy, Yiing Tan, Johnson Chai, Mr. Q, Shane, Robin, 吴意念讲师, Dennis Koh, 细飞, Yoyo, Ai Ling, Chun Ting, Jeane, Pei Pei, San San, Sophia, Wish, Ren Hui, Pelangi Maluri Garment, 大姑, 二姑, 三姑, 尾姑, 吴安, 黄美丽, 美黛, 美桃, 国文, 国敬&Family.

Oh yeah, Joejune, Cyrus and their gang who brought me vodka. Oh, I received 2 bottles of red wines, and didn't even remember who brought them...

The party was not as smooth and fun and glam as I wanted it to be. But you guys have been really patient with me. Say for example, Hoong Jiahui came early so no one she knew was in the party. I wanted to attend to her but was too busy. But this famous TV host had been extremely friendly to everyone and took the initiative to talk my mum and others around her.

Kah Chee(珈琪), another TV host who came alone, said something that really impressed me. She told me she hesitated before she came in because it was so crowded inside and she got nervous. When I apologized to her for not being a good host, she kept comforting me. From that moment, I was sure she was just an innocent girl with a warm heart, not some pretentious bitchy local celeb.

I want to thank 管启源 who rushed to the party right after a recording session in studio. and Wayne and 左眼 who sit through the whole night.

This is the first time I organized a party. I had never actually had any Birthday party (for myself) ever since my mum threw me a birthday party when I was 10. Hence, this party was really a huge challenge to me. I wasn't quite happy with how things went, but whatever is done is done.

Anyway, this party is more for my dad than for myself. I only invited few of my friends. Most invited guests are relatives and my dad's friends. And I hope I passed the test and didn't disappoint him.

No comments:

Post a Comment