Friday, May 28, 2010

Beautiful Strangers

One of the thing I enjoy being a shopkeoper is that, i get to meet people from all walk of life. Elaine Garcia, a girl who lived in Berlin and Bangkok before, walked in the other night. And from the way she talks, I knew it instantly we could be friends. A jet setter and a fashionista, she seems to have lived an ultra interesting life, and I can't wait to hear her stories.

And there was this guy Jimmy Zai who claimed that he had been reading my writings and column in newspaper. We spent an afternoon sipping tea and chatting without any real topic, while I was busy cleaning this and that. It's so nice to have someone accompany me to kill an slumber afternoon.

And the other night, two aunties walked up and were so excited to see my shop. "Your shop is so avant garde, we should hang out with young people like you more, so that we are not left behind. " they said. They stayed and chatted with me for half an hour.

It was really encouraging when I encountered people like them. However, there are also other strangers who gave really helpful comments, including customers and my new neighbors. (i.e, the owner of next door music school) They have nothing but good intentions. I think they'd rather see me survive in this business.

For that, I am thankful.


No time to go out for dinner last night. So Samuel brought me sushi. Surprise! I am surrounded by angels. ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment